Job Title: Project Manager II/Scrum Master
Location: Richmond, VA
Minimum Requirement: To perform these duties, the necessary technical background is typically acquired through a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems or in any other closely related field.
Primary Skill: Project Manager II/Scrum Master Exp
- Work with project sponsor, stakeholders, and resource managers to ensure project scope, budget, and schedules are meeting expected outcomes.
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget.
- Facilitate Work Breakdown Structure development and create detailed schedule.
- Communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Identify, prioritize, and mitigate project risks.
- Manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with formal project change requests.
- Demonstrate strong IT management skills including financial and change management as well as effectively facilitating project meetings.
- Leverage all existing PM and SDLC processes.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor and team.
- Perform team management, driving motivation, collaboration and performance.
- Manage at risk project priorities (timeline, budget, scope, communications to key stakeholders, etc.).
- Report directly to the Manager of the IT Project Management Office.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Guide the team's operations by facilitating ceremonies (e.g., daily standup, sprint planning) and instilling Agile principles into daily activities to ensure smooth functioning of the delivery team.
- Facilitate internal and external communications (e.g., task coordination, progress tracking/reporting, dependency management).
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Break down complex business requirements into technical documents and analyze testing effort.
- Coach Agile techniques such as ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games to the teams.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.